The Arecibo Legacy Fast ALFA Survey
Undergraduate ALFALFA Team
Summer 2016 Research Page
Deadline for applications for Summer 2016 is March 7, 2016.
A summer proposal consists of the following requirements:
- Cover page including signature of student and mentor
- Students should write a two page research proposal that includes
- Student name
- Title of project
- Abstract up to 150 words
- Overview of project and how it relates to existing ALFALFA or Undergraduate ALFALFA
Team projects (include citations where appropriate)
- Project gaols: outline what you hope to accomplish during the summer
- Summary of previous experience: e.g., ALFALFA experience, relevant coursework
- Future conferences and papers: outline plans for presenting your results, e.g., AAS, UAT workshop at Arecibo, presentation at your institution.
- Faculty mentors: prepare a one page budget and budget narrative, following the Budget guidelines.
The budget must be reviewed and approved by your Sponsored Program Office, and submitted with a letter of committment (template)
signed by an SPO officer or other appropriate financial representative of your institution.
- Faculty mentors: a written letter of support for the student and the student proposal
Mentors: please submit the complete application to Becky. Please note that the February deadline is firm, so there is sufficient time for the paperwork submitted to NSF to be approved and to set up subawards by the time the summer work begins.
Last modified: Sun Feb 14 16:29:13 EST 2016