Martha's page for Paola for Spring 2015
Let's use this page to keep track of what we are doing (because I
- Re-read the section in the textbook you used for Astro 2211 (or something similar)
on the Milky Way galaxy. For Kutner's book, that would be Chapter 16, right?
- Work on the
SH#3 exercise done by Team A at the undergrad workshop. You will
probably need some help with it, so write me with questions or stop by to see me.
- Some problems to solve on magnitudes, surface brightness etc.
- Some galaxies to look at.
- Do some more reading on clusters of galaxies, the extragalactic
distance scale, and the galaxy luminosity function.
- Start to examine the optical properties of the galaxies detected by ALFALFA.
Last modified: Wed Mar 04, 2015 by martha